Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
- Injury of the plantar ligament.
- Excessive flattening of the arch on weight bearing.
- Tight plantar fascia.
- Over-pronation of the foot (a complex motion including outward rotation of the heel and inward rotation of the ankle).
- Excessive load on the foot from increased body weight.
- Arthritic changes to the big toe which alter the function of the plantar fascia.
- Having a very high rigid arch profile of the foot.
- Underlying medical conditions such certain types of arthritis or diabetes..
- Plantar Fasciitis is most common in middle-aged overweight adults.
If you are concerned that you may be suffering from Plantar Fasciitis, then you will benefit from an appointment with Robin Weaver. Robin can offer a variety of treatment options to treat plantar fasciitis.
Please contact us for further information and to book an appointment.